Sourcing of parts

5 years 5 days ago - 5 years 5 days ago #1765 by planenuts
Sourcing of parts was created by planenuts
Good day everyone,

I am looking at sourcing all the components, however I am having difficulty trying to find the encoder RE111F-41B3-25F-15P and the SPST SF12011F-0202-20R-M-027, anyone have alternate numbers or online stores where these can be odered? preferably a store that has both to save on shipping and in North America. I see Rapid has both however I have to buy Qty 5 switches, and I only need one. Or Ray would you be kind enough to include these two components in my PCB order such as you do for the two IC's?

Edit: After more digging for the SPST it seems like I could use 612-FS57SPMT2B2M1QEH from Mouser. Also what is the switch used in the kit? it does not have the same shape as the SF12011 called up in the BOM according to the datasheets.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 days ago #1766 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Sourcing of parts
Hi,
The encoder (RE111F-41B3-25F-15P ) is compatible with many other parts that are "incremental encoders with push button", the EC11E15244G1 and EC11E15244B2 are compatible, although they are a bit shorter than the original (around 0.7mm shorter approx.)

For the momentary footswitch (SPST SF12011F-0202-20R-M-027), you can use any "spst footswitch non-latching" somehing like those are always compatible:
uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/8798128/...ALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

sinolec.co.uk/en/push-button-switches/35...sF7EdA8aAsumEALw_wcB

If you have problems sourcing the parts, send me an email before placing the order.

4 years 11 months ago #1770 by fuem
Replied by fuem on topic Sourcing of parts
what can i use instead of 2n5089 semiconductors?

4 years 11 months ago #1773 by Ray
2n5089 are simple and basic NPN transistors, you can use any reasonable part as a substitute like a 2N2222, 2n3904, etc.

4 years 9 months ago #1881 by ChristianGeek
Replied by ChristianGeek on topic Sourcing of parts
I'm confused, SF12011F-0202-20R-M-027 at Rapid is a DPDT, not a SPST.

4 years 9 months ago #1882 by Ray

I'm confused, SF12011F-0202-20R-M-027 at Rapid is a DPDT, not a SPST.

Yes, it is dual, but you can use just one of the "channels" and leave the other one unconnected.

Any momentary not locking footswitch will work

Attachments:

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1897 by ChristianGeek
Replied by ChristianGeek on topic Sourcing of parts
I get only using one part of the DP; it's the DT that's confusing me! In any case, with a SPST should it default to open or closed?

Edit: I figured the first part out with some Googling! Still not sure about whether the momentary action should open or close the circuit.

4 years 8 months ago #1901 by Ray

with a SPST should it default to open or closed?

The switch should be open by default and closed when you push it.
You can really use any and then change the software but I am sure that it is simpler to stick to the original "Open by Default and closed when Stomped"

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds