Help to diagnose my pcb

5 years 11 months ago #1358 by jimt
Help to diagnose my pcb was created by jimt
I tried to make it by myself the board. I have done it with two single board into one. I solder all the parts, and I connect it to arduino and usb to power on. I put the "pedalshield_uno_monitor" to see if buttons are working. I saw that all are working except the switch button, and of course it doesn't power on. Would you help me what to check for this? I attach some photos if it can help. I found two traces broken ( the red circles) and fix them with cable. I know the soldering was not so good, and maybe the fault is the two single pcbs.
Thanks in advance
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #1359 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Help to diagnose my pcb
Hi Jimt, I can only say wow! :woohoo: you are an artist, your work is amazing.
Well, I guess that you already checked this:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/pedalshield-u...alshield-uno?lang=en

I reckon that the most critical part of this handmade PCB is the bottom side: make sure that only the grounded pins are connected to the bottom side ground planes. So in this image:
www.electrosmash.com/media/kunena/attach...d-uno-pcb-layers.png
The bottom side (red color) only some pins are grounded (connected with a small cross), make sure that only the "cross pins" are grounded and the rest of them are NOT grounded.

What about the voltages, do you have the 5V on the op-amp, 2.5V virtual ground, etc?

5 years 9 months ago #1419 by jimt
Replied by jimt on topic Help to diagnose my pcb
Sorry I didn't have much time to check it, I am checking it right now. The voltages I got from hole (5v) I receive 4,86, I dont know if this is good, and from hole 2.5V i got some random mV that raising and i noticed if i pass the first two resistors and meter check i got 4,86V but sometimes. I check also the op-amp with pins 4 and 8 as I saw this at www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tl972-q1.pdf and does same as hole 2,5V, like raising mV.
Thank you for your time

5 years 9 months ago #1420 by jimt
but give me some time to check all holes with ground because i i think i have some holes that have touch together and the right is not to have.

5 years 9 months ago #1421 by jimt
I am getting short at yellow squares (holes), must check only bottom or somewhere else? I tried to scratch with thin blade but i dig too much and short comes again, maybe resolder the holes and and put less solder? Also the yellow arrows doesn't short with ground so solder some wire on them.
Attachments:

5 years 9 months ago #1423 by Ray
Hi,

I am getting short at yellow squares (holes), must check only bottom or somewhere else? I tried to scratch with thin blade but i dig too much and short comes again, maybe resolder the holes and and put less solder? Also the yellow arrows doesn't short with ground so solder some wire on them.

The yellow squares should not be shorted, are you checking this with a mono cable connected or just disconnected?
This little connections between the ground plane and some of the Arduino connector should be there, if you connect the Arduino UNO board below your shield you should see that the ground pins are the same that the ones that they are connected to the ground plane through thin pads (you can make them bigger if its easier for you).

5 years 9 months ago #1424 by jimt
I check the holes with Continuity Test mode from my multimeter and only the board without the arduino on it. Yeah I saw that the yellow squares should not be shorted. Give me some time I will check them again, thank you for your time

5 years 9 months ago #1426 by Ray
no problem! I guess that with your board is also good if you can check with the schematic that every component is connected to "the next one" and also that is not connected to ground. Do it with all the parts and you will ensure that all will be fine.

5 years 8 months ago #1472 by jimt
at last the blue light is on! But the problem still consist. A wave that is distorted and continuously. Also I noticed the when push buttons somewhere not soldered well so the light goes off or on if i push little on the board.
I will check the components.

5 years 8 months ago #1473 by jimt
I resolder all components again because two pcb to make double layer is not so easy, because solder doesn't goes on two sides. So I managed to turn on or off with stable condition, also when I try to upload an effect seems to be working that's why now I can see the blue light flashes on uploading progress, but as I can hear I am getting a low noise at amp and no effect. I also meter Volts I am getting 4.91 at 5V and 4.81 at 2.5V . I will check tomorrow the IC volts

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds