pedalSHIELD-uno adapt to Mega help

6 years 5 months ago #1125 by timothyp62
Hey, I've bought the pedalShield for arduino uno, but i want to adapt it to Mega, because
i have a project for university for my last year which i have the pedal that changes the effects on guitar
but i have to also make it transfer data to a server, to to this it requires a modulator. The pedalShield is using all the pins
in arduino uno, so that's why i want to adapt it to MEGA so i could also connect the modulator. The problem is that there is no output for the sound PWM of the guitar
when the pedal is activated. I really need help with this please

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #1126 by Ray

The pedalShield is using all the pins in arduino uno, so that's why i want to adapt it to MEGA

pedalSHIELD UNO just uses few pins from the Arduino UNO board, are you trying to access some pin that is currently used? Which pins do you need to use?

6 years 5 months ago #1128 by timothyp62
5V (it may work with 3V too )
Ground
Pin 8
Pin 11
Pin 12
Pin 13
Attachments:

6 years 5 months ago #1129 by Ray
If you check this pic:
www.electrosmash.com/media/kunena/attach..._uno_connections.png

The only pins that overlap with yours are the 12 and 13 (3PDT and LED), this resources are not fundamental for the pedalSHIELD, you can try as a test just to take a simple code (like clean or distortion) and just remove all the references to the LED and 3PDT in the code and mix it with your code.

The pedal should work because the LED and 3PDT wont stop it from functioning, and if it works you can just any other pins for the LED and 3PDT and do a simple hardware mod to the shield.

6 years 5 months ago #1130 by timothyp62
Ok thank you for your help, i will try to adjust it , appreciate your help

6 years 4 months ago #1137 by Ray
That's ok! If you have any other question just let us know ;)

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds