Joystick expression control ?

7 years 3 days ago #812 by Kuppet
Hi is there a way to add midi expression controls to these arduino pedals im thinking of a pedal using a flight stick ie rotation and side to side up,down movement that would control multiple peramitters in multiple effects so basically gutting a joystic and 3d printing a pedal in place of said stick then using that into posibly multiple arduinos for multiple effects running at once boxing it all up could control wah ,delay ,time ,reverb level in one pedal movment and totally create somthing amazing the posiblities are endless
Any help to get this idea going would be much apreceated. Im a total newb to arduino never programmed but am great at soldering just started to make some analog pedals from tagboardeffects website. This idea was fully formed in a dream i had about a week ago and has been bugging me ever since lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostbite

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #879 by ucfanrg
Hi, I know it's been a month but here's an answer

There is multiple approaches in term of solutions :

• Buy a USB host shield for your arduino UNO (around 15$), replace the pwm pins 9 and 10 of your pedalshield to 5 and 6 (the frequency of those pins are not the same, someone should correct me if this setup is wrong. You should try it before buying the USB host).
    • use this library to get the input of the joystick : www.airspayce.com/mikem/arduino/USBJoystick/
    • Find how your joystick is built.
    • If it is possible, strip down your joystick and connect the inputs on a Arduino nano and send data via Serial communication.
    • write a PC software that takes the input of your USB joystick and send it to your Arduino via Serial communication.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray, Frostbite

5 years 1 month ago #1675 by Frostbite
Very cool idea ! Are you stil working on this ? Do you want to share more info on this project ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds