PedalSHIELD UNO feat. KORG SQ1 (or any CV signal)

7 years 1 month ago #727 by turramp

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #728 by Ray
Hi, thanks for your contribution.

I am just going to remove the 2 buttons and replace them with 4 potentiometers, put a switch more, and maybe some buttons on the digital input side, but the most important elements are 2 mono 3.5mm patch jack inputs.

Our initial plan when we started with pedalSHIELD UNO project was to use more potentiomenters (I have here around some V1.0 prototype with 2 pots) but the fact is that when you try to use more than one the microcontroller cannot cope with everything and all slows down and the guitar signal sounds bad.
Thats why we were forced to use push-buttons that consume much less resources.

The pedalSHIELD DUE is able to read 3 pots and 2 audio signals at the same time, but the UNO is limited in resources and I reckon that it is not able to read so many ADCs in parallel at the speed required.

7 years 1 month ago #730 by turramp
I will still give a try and maybe read only the pot information while holding a "write" pushbutton.

If(pusbutton) analogRead(pot);

I don't really know how arduino works intimately but I believe If I just define a port it shouldn't mess around with the flow if I don't use it.

Btw have you any documentation suggestion on how to understand the timer speed cracking stuff? As far as I understood I can just speed it down by multiples but I don't get how from an Int I shall get to that strange preset values, it would be enough for me to get a bit crushed octaver, I would like also to let vibrate the two frequencies by a counter and see what comes out, I believe some cool effect could happen. Shall I try or is it like writing Delay(1); ? (Maybe this could be cool too, octaving every odd in the cheap way). But I believe cracking the timer would give a smoother effect.

If this project rocks I will grab the arduino2 too but I am into Lo-Fi and the UNO is so dirty <3

Cheers, thanks for all the cool stuff Ray

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #731 by Ray
Hi, the best documentation to understand how to generate signals and the timer timings is from openmusiclabs, have a look to this post where I link the 3 most important articles:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/pedalshield-u...uts-work?lang=en#616
Although you are more interested on using more ADCs and not so much on the PWM, they explain everything on that articles and how the interruption works.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds