How do the two PWM inputs work

7 years 5 months ago #612 by sanantonioglamour
Disconnecting PWM10 doesn't seem to make any difference to any of the effects. Why are there two different resistor values connected to PWM9 and PWM10, and what is the theory behind its operation?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #616 by Ray

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #626 by sanantonioglamour
thanks for that. I have a better idea now, but I still don't comprehend something. Is the frequency of the sample signal replicated in the duty cycle?, and if so then how is the amplitude replicated?.

In software, what does is needed to modify the amplidtude, and what is needed to modify the frequency?

Oh I think I get it now. The amplitude is reflected in the duty cycle and the frequency is reflected in the period. Is that correct?

7 years 4 months ago #628 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic How do the two PWM inputs work

Oh I think I get it now. The amplitude is reflected in the duty cycle and the frequency is reflected in the period. Is that correct?

Yes, the duty cycle of the PWM frequency is reflected in the amplitude. The PWM signal is filtered using a low pass filter:

In the image above as an example you can see a pwm signal that is low pass filtered so you can get an "audio" signal.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds