Troubleshooting

7 years 8 months ago #531 by ElectroSmash_Team
Hi,
I built the PEDALSHIELD UNO form the kit I bought, and I can't hear nothing but noise when trying to use any of the effects which I downloaded from here. It happens only when using effect, clean works fine. Also, the led light isnt working either when using the footswitch.
I also used the monitor - the buttons and toggle switch works fine, the footswitch is stuck on 1. I followed the troubleshoot guide, and havn't seen any short or broken solding (I have to say that i'm onlt and amatuer, and my solding isn't very well).
Do you have any idea where can I start check what causes the problem?
Thanks,
Shaked

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #532 by AaronMichael
Replied by AaronMichael on topic Troubleshooting
Hi..
Hopefully I can help.. I just built the pedal myself today.
Few general things - each symptom might be a different problem so worth thinking that way.
1> Unsolder the footswitch and re- solder it back in position
2> Does the LED flash when plugging in to laptop ... if not it MAYBE wrong way around,
3> Check the board on component side and make sure a small bit of solder is visible,,
4> Check header pins and make sure each ONE is actually in the socket - as some can slide wide of the goal when assembling.

Regards
Peter

7 years 8 months ago #533 by AaronMichael
Been playing with device for a while - ADC is VERY NOISY - I also a bad solder on one if the input caps .
But even allowing for that it is NOT a studio piece of kit -
Still - nice bit of FUN... - I will try adding a LPF to output and maybe do some mods to code to add in a noise gate to remove low volume signals...
Or Maybe software LPF.... Hmmmmmmm - any help appreciated...

7 years 8 months ago #534 by ElectroSmash_Team
Replied by ElectroSmash_Team on topic Troubleshooting
Thanks!
1) Just to make sure: does it make any difference how to solder the footswitch (orientantion)?
2) I think i connected the LED fine, i'll check it chen the sound system will work.
3) Can you explain what do you mean?
4) The pins are fine, I just hope I didn't forget any.

7 years 8 months ago #535 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Troubleshooting
- Regarding the 3pdt footswitch, if you have a multimeter is easy to check: the middle row is either connected to the top row or either to the bottom row, check the image below:

The only problem is if you have solder it rotated 90degrees, which believe me its almost impossible (because it does not fit) but I have seen it before... everybody has a bad day.
Attachments:

7 years 8 months ago #536 by AaronMichael
I think you still need to re-solder all the pins on the switch.
Also if the LED is wrong way round it affects the power supply and would also prevent system from powering up
check out you tube for vides on soldering.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

7 years 8 months ago #537 by rblissett
Replied by rblissett on topic Troubleshooting
I had the same problem it ended up being the led was backwards. the shorter lead of the led goes to the side closest to the button and the long lead goes closer to the edge of the board.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds