How to Troubleshoot pedalSHIELD UNO

7 years 1 week ago #804 by Ray

(I tested from pin 8 to pin 4 and registered +5V). Is that enough to safely assume that the output stage of the circuit is fully operational?

To make sure that the output stage is fully operational load the sine wave generator code, you can find it here:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/pedalshield-u...-arduino-uno?lang=en
If it works it is because the whole output stage is fine, this program just generate sinewaves so the input stage is ignored.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 13 hours ago #811 by hybridpi
Hello. I have all of the circuitry built and I'm testing it with my guitar and amplifier. The pedal seems to be working but when I use the distortion code there is a lot of extra noise (literally) coming out of the guitar amp. Also when I use the fuzz code, the extra noise isn't there but the sound only lasts for a very short amount of time, even if the note is still ringing. Any ideas why?

6 years 11 months ago #813 by Ray
Sometimes the noise comes from the power supply, if you are powering it from a laptop it would be better if you can find another power supply (mobile phone charger, etc).
Also make sure that you have the VR1 pot adjusted, maybe the guitar signal is too high or low for the ADC.

6 years 10 months ago #859 by Ray
Hi August, its good to know that all is solved now, sometimes a cold joint can give a hard time... when I finish a board I always re-touch all the pins to avoid bad connections. I hope you enjoy it.

6 years 10 months ago #875 by nathanandrews
Hello!
What a cool project this is, although I'm a bit confused since my Arduino UNO doesn't have the same number of headers as the shield.

Left side: I have A0-A5 then Viin, GND, GND, 5V 3.3V and Reset... missing 2 that are on the shield.
Schematics show I'm missing IOref and 1

Right side: I have RX (0), TX (1), 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 then 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, GND and AREF. missing 2 more that are on the shield.
Looking at the schematics, my board is missing SDA and SCL

Will it work? Any idea what generation board you need so that all the above missing headers are available?

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #876 by rkinnett
Are you using the Arduino Uno SMD by any chance? https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardUnoSMD

6 years 10 months ago #877 by nathanandrews
Yes. That is it!

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #882 by Ray
The voltage you are measuring is good, the output stage rarely gives problems but to be absolutely sure, it would be ideal if you could load the sinewave generator code.

6 years 9 months ago #898 by jackhansenguitar
I've problems with tremolo effect. It produces a very loud nois that cover the guitar sound. Do you know why it happens?

6 years 9 months ago #902 by Ray
apologies because I miss this message:

Hello!
What a cool project this is, although I'm a bit confused since my Arduino UNO doesn't have the same number of headers as the shield.

Left side: I have A0-A5 then Viin, GND, GND, 5V 3.3V and Reset... missing 2 that are on the shield.
Schematics show I'm missing IOref and 1

Right side: I have RX (0), TX (1), 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 then 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, GND and AREF. missing 2 more that are on the shield.
Looking at the schematics, my board is missing SDA and SCL

Will it work? Any idea what generation board you need so that all the above missing headers are available?

The reply to this topic is here:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/pedalshield-u...-line-up?lang=en#582

If you still have questions please let us know.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds