MEGA vs DUE

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #1448 by gmarti
MEGA vs DUE was created by gmarti
Hello everyone.

After a while, I'll come back here. And I see that there are two new models of pedals. :woohoo:

I currently own a DUO, and I am very attracted to MEGA, but apart from the Display, which is a great option and gives it more versatility, I would like to know what MEGA can do that DUO can not do. In theory the Arduino DUO board has more memory and a more powerful processor. Or I'm wrong?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #1450 by gmarti
Replied by gmarti on topic MEGA vs DUE
Nobody has an opinion about it? :(

5 years 9 months ago #1453 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic MEGA vs DUE
Sorry, I was updating this, please have a look:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/pedal-pi/263-...dalshield-uno-vs-due

The MEGA processor is better than the UNO (not miles away) but still good to start playing with time-related effects (delay, echo reverb). The UNO has 2K of RAM and the MEGA 8K, so you can feel the difference.
Also, the OLED is fun to use and have control over what is happening inside.

The DUE is the board with the biggest RAM, and processor speed, so it is still the best Arduino.

If you have any other question, please let me know!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gmarti

5 years 9 months ago #1455 by gmarti
Replied by gmarti on topic MEGA vs DUE
Thank you very much. It is clear to me then. I was attracted to the MEGA model by the display, but if it has less memory and processing power it makes me doubt.

On the other hand, the MEGA model also suffers from the problem of background noise as it happens to the DUE? :whistle:

A new DUE model with a screen would be fine. :woohoo:

5 years 9 months ago #1456 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic MEGA vs DUE
The Arduino boards were never conceived to be audio processors. The power supplies and ADCs create a background hiss that should be very small compared with the audio signal, but it would be there...

The MEGA and the DUE both would have a low level of background hiss. This ia why we use 5KHz filters to remove that part. You can filter the guitar signal even more to attenuate it but the guitar signal would be affected as well.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds