Clean effect problems

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #748 by BowDown
Hello!

My problem is i cannot get the clean effect working! Nothing happens, it sounds the same as the distortion effect. My pedal is connected to an amplifier and i cannot seems to get any different sound with the clean/distorted effects and the natural sound from my amplifier. All three sound the same!

I tested other effects and they all work as "advertized".
I uploaded the 'test all' program, but nothing is shown on my serial monitor. I tested all baud rates and line endings and still, nothing!
Also, the sinewave generator is working fine!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #750 by BowDown
Replied by BowDown on topic Clean effect problems
I am so frustrated... No matter what i try, i cannot get a clean noise.
It's so weird because all the other effects work fine!

7 years 1 month ago #751 by BowDown
The only thing that plays an effect is my guitar amplifier. If i select the distortion channel, everything the pedal outputs will sound distorted...

If i select the clean channel, then everything the pedal outputs will sound clean...

7 years 1 month ago #752 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Clean effect problems
Hi, have you tried adjusting the VR1 potentiometer? If you have adjusted it with too much gain it could distort the signal.

7 years 4 weeks ago #754 by BowDown
Thanks... But this didn't work either...
It is so strange because everything is working except the clean effect...
I tried everything.. Adjusting VR1, playing with the three knobs and the toggle and mix switch... Pushing the footswitch on and off but nothing will work...

I am out of ideas to what could be the problem

7 years 4 weeks ago #756 by Ray
Hi,

So when you say "everything is working except the clean effect" that means that other effects work but the clean one sounds distorted?
In that case is either the input level is too high (adjusting VR1 should be solved) or the output level is too high (sometimes some guitar amps get a distorted/boosted sound if the output of the pedalshield is too high for them, have you tried in only one amp?)

You can send me a pic of your pedal to my email (below "contact us") to see if I can find something odd.

7 years 3 weeks ago #771 by BowDown
Thanks a lot!
I just sent an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

7 years 3 weeks ago #773 by Ray
Hi, I got the message, I will get back to you asap!

6 years 11 months ago #820 by BowDown
I retouched all the joints with my soldering iron... Still, the clean effect does not work.... I will try on another amplifier today..

Although it is weird because in the past it used to work.. I don't get why only the clean effect in particular does not work.. The output is always distorted...

Anybody has similar problems with the clean effect? Or am i the only one?

6 years 11 months ago #822 by Ray
Hi, I am trying to find out what can be causing your issue.

If you have a distorted output, it may be due to the VR1 trimmer, if it is not set properly it will amplify the signal too much creating distortion.

If you have a multimeter is important to check that the voltages +5v, - 5v, +3v3 and 1.6v are correct. There are test points on the pcb where you can check those.

There is also a small possibility that the output of the pedal is too high in amplitude for your amp. If you place a 100k resistor from the pin 6 of tge op amp to ground, the output level will be divided by 2.

I am guessing that you dont have access to an oscilloscope, because you can follow the signal flow and check at which point it gets distorted.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds