gadget mode (serial)

6 years 6 months ago #1080 by Mickey
gadget mode (serial) was created by Mickey

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #1104 by valvusmusicus
Replied by valvusmusicus on topic gadget mode (serial)
I followed the instructions in the guide up to the verification step and reboot, but I'm not seeing a new serial port. It seems active when I run: sudo systemctl is-active This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., but nothing shows up. I also added your step in the crontab, but for troubleshooting right now I'm still using VNC and wi-fi until I can get it to run serial. Is there something I need to update in Windows to see this in the Device Manager as port 83? Thanks!

6 years 6 months ago #1107 by Mickey
Replied by Mickey on topic gadget mode (serial)
Hi, I'm not sure what the problem is. It just worked for me.

I'll see if I can shrink my image down small enough to upload somewhere.

Bruce
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

6 years 6 months ago #1108 by Mickey
Replied by Mickey on topic gadget mode (serial)
Try this image
www.dropbox.com/s/mr4h33yvldu2gee/PPGadget.zip?dl=0

it will expand to the full size of the SD card on first boot, give it a few minutes and it should present a serial connection on the USB. Speed 115200

6 years 6 months ago #1109 by valvusmusicus
Replied by valvusmusicus on topic gadget mode (serial)
Thanks BruceR. I found out the Pi image wasn't the main issue after all. It was communication from my PC. I had to install Bonjour and update the RNDIS drivers which seemed to solve the issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds