Unwanted volume boost

6 years 7 months ago #981 by ucfanrg
Hi there!

I've completed the pedalshield for STM32 (without Jumper1 it sounds better) and I'm pretty sure my circuit is the same as the schematics.
I've tested it and the only things that bugs me (appart from the noise, because im on a breadboard) is that the volume is boosted, which cause it to clip a little bit.

With the clean guitar example, without the volume programmed, I do a direct adc read to dac write. I've tried turning the RV1 (500k) pot all the way down but the signal is still 25% louder.
I can achieve a good result by turning down the volume knob on my guitar, but it's not ideal.

Is that a normal problem? Am I missing a part or can I add a part to cancel the boost?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #982 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Unwanted volume boost

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

6 years 7 months ago #983 by ucfanrg
Replied by ucfanrg on topic Unwanted volume boost
I've tried this solution before but the problem is that the sound clips before going in the ADC. Reducing the volume on the software parts keeps the clipping. If it is the normal behavior of the pedal, I will work with it (reducing the volume pot of my guitar).

Thank you!

6 years 7 months ago #984 by BowDown
Replied by BowDown on topic Unwanted volume boost
Hi BloodStyle!
Thanks a lot for your efforts!
Do you plan on releasing the code/schematics after you are done?

6 years 7 months ago #986 by ucfanrg
Replied by ucfanrg on topic Unwanted volume boost
For sure!

Once everything is decided on the schematics, I'll post something similar to what Electrosmash has done.

On the software side, I think the first effect I want to make is a Noise Supressor (Noise Gate), which will help a lot I think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BowDown

6 years 7 months ago #987 by BowDown
Replied by BowDown on topic Unwanted volume boost
Thanks a lot!

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds