How to Build pedalSHIELD MEGA in 5 Steps

6 years 2 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #1230 by Ray
This PDF explains how to assemble the pedalsHIELD MEGA board step by step with photographs and additional information:

File Attachment:

File Name: How-to-Bui...V1.1.pdf
File Size:1,666 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perez

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #1497 by greenmojo
Hello

Are used by polar electrolytic caps and stead of the recommended caps and wondering if that would make a difference or would cause more distortion not be affected stores in but just distorted audio I have the right caps but I didn’t at the time any info is appreciated thanks

5 years 7 months ago #1498 by greenmojo
hello again...text to speech did do very well. So I used nichicon bi polar electrolytic caps that are 4.7 35v instead of the recommmended. Is this going to cause problems or excessive noise? It is working but there seems to be issues with the effects and them being distorted.
Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
jeff

5 years 7 months ago #1502 by Ray

Are used by polar electrolytic caps and stead of the recommended caps and wondering if that would make a difference or would cause more distortion not be affected stores in but just distorted audio I have the right caps but I didn’t at the time any info is appreciated than

yes you can use different type of caps as far as they are the same value and they have a similar voltage rating (16V or higher is good). I don't think the distortion would be affected by this change.

So I used nichicon bi polar electrolytic caps that are 4.7 35v instead of the recommmended. Is this going to cause problems or excessive noise? It is working but there seems to be issues with the effects and them being distorted.
Any info is appreciated.

Nichicon bi polar caps are excellent caps (are these the green ones?). They won't produce any additional noise at all. You can replace C3, C6, and C10 this these without problems.

4 years 5 months ago #2012 by nfort
Hello everyone.
I'm from Argentina, and there no way I can get the oficial PCB, and then start with the 5 steps guide.
Im new with electronics, so I may need some advice for making my own PCB at home.
I have donwloaded the images in order to print it, and then make the PCB. But my very fist question is: what kind of PCB should I buy? I've seen there are multiple kind of pcb: for example sigle layer, o double layer.
If someone could help me with this, it would be awesome, because it's the step 0 in order to get the pedalShield Mega done at home.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds