Is there a dynamic compressor pedal yet?

6 años 3 meses antes #1159 por gonzalososa095
Hi guys. I'm interested in the idea of using an Arduino as a compressor for guitar. I have searched around and found the compressor in the "20 effects" thread but, unless I'm very wrong, it seems to be just a static scaler based on the setting on one of the pots. Has anyone done any work on dynamically adjusting the amount of compression based on the signal input?

I would imagine that a circular buffer approach could be used as there would need to be a way of generating a scaling constant by rectifying and summing the incoming value while removing the oldest value according to an attack setting on a pot

Anyway I could easily be reinventing the wheel here. Has this all been cracked already?

Por favor, Identificarse para unirse a la conversación.

6 años 3 meses antes #1169 por Ray
Respuesta de Ray sobre el tema Is there a dynamic compressor pedal yet?
As you mentioned, the compressor that we have in the libraries y static, not dynamic as the one you are mentioning.
We had some contributors lile Andrew H. Pavei that made fantastic codes (www.electrosmash.com/forum/software-peda...-library?lang=en#481) but so far nobody cracked the dynamic compressor effect pedal.

If you want to start with it, we can give you support and when your code is ready we will link if from the mail "How to Start Programming pedalSHIELD DUE" topic.

I would imagine that a circular buffer approach could be used as there would need to be a way of generating a scaling constant by rectifying and summing the incoming value while removing the oldest value according to an attack setting on a pot

That's a good idea, to have the minimum delay I would take just 5 to 10 samples of the input guitar signal (up to 2ms delay, not noticeable), average them and use a code similar to the simple compressor that we already have. Using this averaged variable to set the amount of compression.

Por favor, Identificarse para unirse a la conversación.

Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.063 segundos
Gracias a Foro Kunena
Joomla SEF URLs by Artio