Eliminating noise

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #1127 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Eliminating noise

First we got the charge pump IC. I read the datasheet. I will use 3AAAs batteries to produce -4.5V and feed that where the Vout pin is. We will see then what's going with the noise. Does that sound good to you? Do you see any problems that could arise with this method?

So your plan is not to use the charge pump (TC1044) and just create a -4.5V with external batteries to feed the board? Seems like a good idea, I would be tempted to use a battery-only power supply, creating +4.5 and -4.5V with batteries and not depending on the Arduino DUE power supply. I am pretty sure that the DUEs +5V switch-mode-power-supply could add noise to the system.

Good work!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #1134 by BowDown
Replied by BowDown on topic Eliminating noise
I did it yet the noise still exists. Next i will start decoupling.
One more question, is the LED PWM?

Also i noticed a new error (WITH the TC1044) . When uploading effects like reverb, delay etc. The MIX SWITCH is UP. But i can still hear the noise from the strings (especially the 3 lowest strings) from my amp, even though it should not be heard, before the delay effects kicks in and they should be heard. So in other worksm i hear them two times, when i play them and when the delay effect kicks in. I dont remember if i had this one in the apst. Anybody else experience this?

6 years 5 months ago #1135 by Ray

One more question, is the LED PWM?

Yes the led is on pin 3 which is a digital pin output, you can drive it doing: analogWrite(pin, value)

Also i noticed a new error (WITH the TC1044) . When uploading effects like reverb, delay etc. The MIX SWITCH is UP. But i can still hear the noise from the strings (especially the 3 lowest strings) from my amp, even though it should not be heard, before the delay effects kicks in and they should be heard. So in other worksm i hear them two times, when i play them and when the delay effect kicks in. I dont remember if i had this one in the apst. Anybody else experience this?

I think I am not completely understanding your question here... the mix switch function is to mix the original guitar signal with the affected one (sometimes is referred as mixing the "dry" and the "wet" signal). Some effects like echo or delay need the mix to be on, so you can hear the original guitar and then the repetition (or repetitions).

I dont get what is the problem with the TC1044..

6 years 4 months ago #1144 by Ray
Hi emanueleloi, the first thing I will check is the power supply, have a look at this:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/hardware-peda...powering-arduino-due

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds