Questions about Circuit Diagram

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #2180 by ash42
Hello,

I plan to buy the PedalShield Uno PCB when it becomes available in the ElectroSmash Shop. Meanwhile, I have ordered all parts for this project, and I am trying to connect them on breadboard for now. I am a beginner with electrical components, and I am having some trouble understanding certain parts of the circuit diagram .

• In the Input Stage section, for J2, what are the connections labeled: 1, 2, and 3? I looked at the specs for NMJ6HCD2 , but its 6 pins are labeled: T, R, S, TN, RN, SN. Could someone explain how to connect these 6 pins?

• In the Power Supply section, it seems there are 4 entities involved: 5V TP, VCC, GND TP, and Ground (triangle symbol). How do these 4 entities correspond to Arduino Uno's 5V and Ground pins? Am I missing 2 other things?

I appreciate it if anyone could explain these to a beginner like me. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #2181 by ash42
I found the answer in this thread in the Pedal Pi forum. I have finished wiring things on breadboard.

3 years 6 months ago #2182 by Stefadv
Hi Ash42
The Vcc and 5V TP should be at the same potential, so 5V. Same for GND TP and triangle symbol with 0V.

3 years 6 months ago #2185 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Questions about Circuit Diagram

In the Input Stage section, for J2, what are the connections labeled: 1, 2, and 3? I looked at the specs for NMJ6HCD2, but its 6 pins are labeled: T, R, S, TN, RN, SN. Could someone explain how to connect these 6 pins?

Yes, you have to connect the tip of the connector (usually labelled as "T") to the pin labeled as "1" the Ring and the Sleeve are going to ground.

In the Power Supply section, it seems there are 4 entities involved: 5V TP, VCC, GND TP, and Ground (triangle symbol). How do these 4 entities correspond to Arduino Uno's 5V and Ground pins? Am I missing 2 other things?

TP means "Test Point", you can forget about it. +5V and VCC are the same, 5V and they correspond to the Uno's 5V.
GND is the ground, connected to the Uno's ground.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds