Tuner and VU Meter

5 years 7 months ago #1508 by tommymariot
Hi Guys,
I'd like to add a tuner to my guitar pedal looper. Found this project and I found it awesome!!!
I'd like to build a tuner with Arduino nano V3 is it possible? Where I can find some idea? I'm very noob in Arduino but I'd like to learn something new!

This is my idea:

Guitar signal----> input looper
>3pdt (active: mute the signal and direct it only to the tuner without an output section; disabled: direct the signal to input buffer of looper and change oled from tuner to VU Meter or a funny image).

I think I need only psu, Oled and input section. I am right?

I'd like to use a screen like the tuner in mooer pcl6

What do you think? Somebody can help me?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #1511 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Tuner and VU Meter
Hi, I thought about doing something similar but I never had the time to develop (software-wise).
I dont have much experience with the Arduino Nano board but I guess that is not far from the MEGA.

It is 90% feasible but I never tried doing it.
You would need:
  • Arduino nano
  • Input stage similar to the pedalSHIELD UNO or MEGA
  • I2C oled (check the MEGA project)
  • The software has to be an evolution of the FFT scope, basically, the same code that makes the spectrum analyzer, but you would need to check where is the peak and relate it with the frequency. Have a look at this: www.electrosmash.com/forum/pedalshield-m...with-pedalshieldmega

You could probably also not use the FFT and just measure the peaks and dips in the guitar signal and calculate the frequency.

These are just ideas, as far as I know, nobody did it yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 66cccfff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.825 seconds