[Bass] Question regarding circuit

6 years 1 week ago #1333 by agentzulu
Hello,

I recently decided I should make a pedalshield uno. I used the kit and replaced c1 and c11 with 0.47mf capacitors since I am a bass player. Once I got it all fixed up I plugged it in and to my demise it seems like there is quite a bit of feedback coming through the circuit when the bypass is off (the big button). Is this normal for boards like these or if not what should I be looking for? I checked all of my connections and they seem fine. The arduino isn't the problem as it wasn't even plugged in at the time of the test.

If anyone could either assure me that it's just part of the deal or if there is any troubleshooting I can do I'd be grateful!

Thanks very much!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 week ago #1339 by Ray

I used the kit and replaced c1 and c11 with 0.47mf capacitors since I am a bass player.

I guess you meant 0.47uF.

Once I got it all fixed up I plugged it in and to my demise it seems like there is quite a bit of feedback coming through the circuit when the bypass is off (the big button).

I am trying to understand your problem... sorry some days I am a bit slow :silly:
So, when the effect is "off" and you just get the signal through without any modification, just signal in->signal out you have feedback. Could you describe a bit more that feedback?
Usually, this kind of problems are due to ground loops, that would be the first thing to look at.

6 years 1 week ago #1343 by agentzulu
With some troubleshooting I was able to figure out that it seemed like some of the pins on the switch were being shorted. I re-soldered a lot of the connections and it seemed to sort itself out...

On an unrelated note, I'm pretty new to arduino code so before I spend time trying to edit any of it, is the source suitable for bass players as well or should I be looking to change some of the macros in the source like PWM_freq to different variables.

I think it's really cool that there's a community surrounding this and thanks for all of the help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

6 years 1 week ago #1346 by Ray

With some troubleshooting I was able to figure out that it seemed like some of the pins on the switch were being shorted. I re-soldered a lot of the connections and it seemed to sort itself out...

Ok, cool, sometimes the footswitch could be tricky if you need more info please check this:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/software-peda...tswitch-work?lang=en

I'm pretty new to arduino code so before I spend time trying to edit any of it, is the source suitable for bass players as well or should I be looking to change some of the macros in the source like PWM_freq to different variables.

The codes should work perfectly for bass players, there are not different programs for guitar and bass. The PWM settings are the same.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds