Guitar tuner combination

6 years 2 months ago #1209 by pmerlitti
Hello. I am wondering if the op amp tl972 can be use to code tuner. If it can i want to use it to code tuner and this effects together using intel galileo as i have it on my hand right now instead of arduino.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #1210 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Guitar tuner combination
I have never analyzed a digital tuner, so I am not 100% of how they work. An idea could be to use a TL972 (which is rail-to-rail and work on low voltages) to amplify the guitar signal (in the same way as it is done in the pedalSHIELD UNO circuit) and then use this output to trigger an interruption pin in the Galileo. Just measuring time between interruptions will give you the frequency of the audio signal.

- Which voltages can you get from an Intel Galileo to power the analogue stage?

6 years 2 months ago #1215 by kiyo
Replied by kiyo on topic Guitar tuner combination
Galileo has quite the same environment as arduino. I usually use arduino IDE for galileo to program it. It has 3.3v and 5v.

I planned to use this www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Guitar-Tuner/ as reference. Put the on/off switch after the input jack to separate tuner environment and the effect environment. Might as well try it.

6 years 2 months ago #1218 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Guitar tuner combination
I have check that www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Guitar-Tuner/ and it is absolutely possible, the only thing you need is the LEDs to indicate the status, but the circuit is pretty similar to the one we have on the pedalSHIELD

6 years 2 months ago #1225 by kiyo
Replied by kiyo on topic Guitar tuner combination
I see. Thanks. I'll comeback later some other day to update my progress
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds