Multi-effects: Clean+Boost+Distortion+Fuzz+Crusher

6 years 3 months ago #1186 by Ray

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #1188 by alessiow
Nice job..I was working on doing mine a whole different way. was way over thinking it....lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

6 years 3 months ago #1191 by Ray

I was working on doing mine a whole different way. was way over thinking it....lol

Coding there are hundreds of ways to do the same thing... If you want to add your version feel free to do it, we always love to see other points of view.

4 years 5 months ago #2025 by raymissa
Hi! I had this idea of trying to make a "more user-friendly" interface via smartphone/tablet and put some additional features, let's say for example : combine effect A with effect B, or combine effect A, B, C, D.....and finally, combining ALL effects in 1 preset.

This is just one of my "fantasy" ideas if it's possible to be made, coming with a minor knowledge of programming and electric/electronics in DSP.

4 years 5 months ago #2026 by Ray
That's a great idea, so far we just managed to create the 4 independent effects and just use a simple program to select which one do you one to play. Some effects can be easy to combine (like delay+distortion) but some others could be more tricky.

Using a more user-friendly interface (like a tablet or a phone) is also interesting, but sometimes as a player you just want something easy and simple that works....

If you do any progress keep posting it!

4 years 4 months ago #2030 by raymissa
Ahh okay. If I may ask, like, "tricky" how? Is it because of the hardware components or something? Or some other reasons?

True though. Actually why I did this kind of experiment is because it's for my final year project, and since I'm an "Information Technology student", I was told to add some "IT" sides of it , in this case : Adding some "mobile-platform" stuff (like Android, IOS, Linux, etc...for my case again; Android), and adding some basic features like putting additional features like the "combining effects" stuff, "for [this song], use [this effect]" kind of feature, and maybe other useful features that'll pop in my mind later, hahaha.

3 years 9 months ago #2117 by Boris
I am not a musician, I was asked to send a simple pedal for a bass guitar.
I program the controller pretty well and applied several effects in one code. Since the program bypasses unnecessary sections of code, this does not affect speed. (at least until I got a slowdown)
I implemented: Fuzz, Overdrive, Horus, Compressor.
I wanted to know the opinion of the musicians about the effects that can be implemented for bass.

3 years 9 months ago #2126 by Stefadv
HI Boris
i'm a beginner bass player, would you be kind to show me your code for your mutlple effect ?
i m interested to try it. i ve done my own pedal arduino (check the new topic in forum "new format + new features" ) based on the original one.
some new cool sounds would be fun to try !
thks !

3 years 9 months ago #2127 by Stefadv
HI
what does the "CLEAN" effect actually do, i don't see (hear) any benefit when i m using it....

3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #2129 by Boris
Hi Stefadv.
My code is designed to work with my schema, which is different from the schema posted on this site. I added a screen and an encoder to select modes.

I'm sorry but the comments in my code are in Russian. This is not a final version and in the future I will probably translate the comments into English.

Pedal-3.7.ino

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds