need help with creating a library/class

6 years 3 months ago #1194 by alessiow
got my keyestudio mega 2560 today, as well as stuff to make jumpers.. So tonight i'm going to sit down and finish putting my breadboard version together with all the hookups for buttons and cords...Crap..just realized i'm short a guitar cord to run this...hmmm..
hope i got an end so i can make a small patch cord. So with any luck i should have a working setup running tonight....Still working on my code and have read thru the Mega datasheets. So I should soon have the LCD keypad Shield and the pedal shield running together, even if it is just one effect for the moment to verify that all works as it should...
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #1195 by alessiow
OK. So i got mine all together last night..Got some more testing and trouble shooting to do tonight...I got no sound coming thru the shield when its on. If i turn it off it bypass with no issue. Had a bit of an issue wiring up the 9 lead button and figuring that all out, but got it. I also apparently don't have any control or it appears that the toggle switch doesn't do anything at all.

Here are a few pic of what i got going on. You can see that when the blue led is lit up its powered up, but no sound. Bypass works fine. After some reading and searching here, i'm going to load the sign wave sketch to check that my output side is good. All points seem to test out ok as far as voltages go. Pin 8 in IC is 5V. The power source is 2.5V.. So I'm close and should be up and running tonight.
Attachments:

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #1197 by alessiow
Well here it is all. A 100% working breadboard version. As a note to all who try this.. Watch the Ic layout. I spent 4 hours scratching my head and wondering why I was getting strange voltage readings where I shouldn't be. For instance, 5v on what I thought was pin 5, which turns out its pin 8. I also seem to have a fair amount of noise in my setup which can drowned out the guitar signal. But I think that is due to a bad solder joint and the cheap patch cord I used just to get this up and running. Had a hard time getting solder to even stick to the wire of the coiled out put signal cord to amp.
I thought the Ic layout was:

1 5
2 6
3 7
4 8

but it was this way

1 8
2 7
3 6
4 5

1 being where the dot is at the top of the IC. Also even though i wired up and powered the IC backwards, after turn the input side around, the Ic still works fine.

So keep an eye out on the layouts. So with any luck it will now be onto trying to get the LCD button shield going.
Also what exactly does the toggle switch on this do?? Mine appears to not do a thing. When I load in the monitor sketch, I do see that it does register as being flipped.

As you can see in this pic compared to the last posted one the whole output side is now rewired and the right way
Attachments:

6 years 3 months ago #1201 by alessiow
Ok, I got really bored for the last two days. I decided that since i got 5 uno protoshields that I'd move my breadboard setup to a shield.
Once again this was a long tedious change-over. I basically had the same problem and lost input signal again...After a few hours of track tracing, I got it figured out...missed a connection between 1 & 2 on RV1. Now it seems that i have a fair amount of noise still, and it seems that B & E strings don"t get picked up much by the pedal...Low E is a killer. So here a a few pics of my latest creation.

Now that i know its solid, time to get the LCD side of things going with this. Then I need to get my pedalShield Pcb ordered...Gonna try tonight and see if my New Shield version will work on my new Mega 2560.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

6 years 3 months ago #1202 by Ray
wow, that's a neat job! :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: alessiow

6 years 2 months ago #1213 by scion
Why did my account get deleted and i needed to create a new one with same name obviously??????

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #1219 by Ray

Why did my account get deleted and i needed to create a new one with same name obviously??????

Hi scion, it is not personal! :P I am very sorry but during the latest and greatest server backup, the last few usernames created were deleted :( I apologize for any inconveniences caused :( I am trying to recover them but is taking us some time.

6 years 2 months ago #1223 by scion
ok! thought i may have done something wrong....lol

6 years 1 month ago #1287 by scion
Replied by scion on topic Ray

myassignmentuae wrote: opening a library or class is very good thinking, if you want to get help in writing your assignment, essay, dissertation, thesis, etc. If you want assignment writing help then don't worry.

delete the above post...some type of advertiser...we dont need that on the boards....u can delete this requesst post as well. ty
The following user(s) said Thank You: ElectroSmash_Team

6 years 1 month ago #1288 by ElectroSmash_Team
Replied by ElectroSmash_Team on topic Ray
Thanks for spotting it, Ive deleted the post and banned the user

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds