How to Troubleshoot pedalSHIELD UNO

6 years 9 months ago #927 by Ray

Yes, no signal at all. I was hoping that there was another option, but I think I may need to desolder the entire board & start again. I can't see a problem with any connection or component, so I'm not sure what else to do.

Thats very weird, the signal should pass when you click the foot-switch without problem.
Could you check the foot-switch? some time ago a folk soldered it rotated 90 degrees by error, it is pretty difficult because you need to force the PCB holes to do that but there is a possibility.

Before desoldering the board try to find the error, at least understanding why the signal does not go through when the effect is bypassed should be simple. If you have a multimeter you can measure continuity, I can help you to do that.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #928 by Deegatron
Thanks for the offer. I'm not at home right now, but I remember the foot-switch fitting into place with zero physical resistance. I will check its orientation later, but I'm fairly certain that it is placed correctly.

Yes, I have a multimeter. So...how would I measure continuity?

6 years 8 months ago #929 by Ray
To start troubleshooting you should get at least the clean guitar signal passing through without problems.
To be familiar with the footswitch operation check this:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/search?query=...hildforums=1&lang=en
www.electrosmash.com/forum/software-peda...tch-work?lang=en#737

In the UNO the bypassed signal should pass through like this:

PS: Make sure that you are in bypass mode, if not just click the footswitch again.
Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #1277 by AdamHebrew
Such a nice post on this topic. What exactly is the function of C11? I m' new here, i am Adam white from Aberdeen UK. i am a writer and editor in exclusive online dissertation help.

I am a writer and editor in exclusive online Assignment Editing Service

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #1279 by Ray
Hi AdamHebrew, welcome!
Checking the schematic:
www.electrosmash.com/images/tech/pedalsh...ld-uno-schematic.png
C11 is a decoupling cap for the op-amp, so it provides fast energy to the op-amp and keeps the power supply lines stable, the usual value for this cap is 100nF.

You can find plenty of info about this 100nF decoupling caps:

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #1281 by AdamHebrew
Hi Ray,
Go to the your image link decoupling cap for the op-amp, Great information for us,

Thanks for share

I am a writer and editor in exclusive online Assignment Editing Service
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

5 years 8 months ago #1466 by Mostro
Hello Ray.
I have armed the PedalShieldUNO and have problems. They must be in the entry. The exit (with the sinusoidal sign) works well and the derivation of True by pass also works correctly. Since I do to follow the sign of entry?

5 years 8 months ago #1470 by Ray
Hi Mostro, If the problem is in the input stage check again all the soldering points, is common to get bad connections, especially around the op-amp area (unplug and plug it again). Have you tried the monitor code?
www.electrosmash.com/forum/pedalshield-u...ries-monitor?lang=en

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds