Clean-Transparent Guitar Pedal.

8 years 1 week ago - 7 years 11 months ago #457 by Ray

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #665 by rkinnett
Hello! I'm having a strange issue with the audio output, and would appreciate any advice possible!

So everything seems to be working mostly fine. I have very nice audio coming through the Amp, except quietly in the background (maybe 1/5 of the volume of the clean audio) there's the same guitar signal but heavily distorted. I tried adjusting the variable resistor and it might have slightly changed how loud or quiet this faint distorted signal but it's still there. Isn't all the sound output generated at the PWM? How could some of my audio output be perfect and also some of it be distorted? Also the sustain is strange, when a note rings for very long it sort of gets cut out abruptly (is this related to the capacitors RC time?). Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: The quieter signal sounds more like fuzz if that's useful. Also, I don't have an oscilloscope at my disposal. If I did troubleshooting this would be far easier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

7 years 4 months ago #666 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Clean-Transparent Guitar Pedal.
Hi, you are possibly overloading the input of your amp, some guitar players use this trick to play nice cracking tones. Every amplifier its different but if yours gets easily distorted you can place a 4K7 resistor in parallel with the C7 capacitor:
www.electrosmash.com/images/tech/pedalsh...ld-uno-schematic.png
It will reduce to output signal and your system will improve. you can solder the resistor on the bottom side of the PCB so all will look neat.
Keep us updated with your progress!

7 years 2 months ago #686 by rkinnett
Thanks for the reply! I actually just rebuilt the whole project and fiddled with RV1 a bit (opened it up a bit) and now the sound is clean and working fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

7 years 2 months ago #687 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Clean-Transparent Guitar Pedal.
Nice to hear that ! :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds