pedalSHIELD for professional use

5 years 7 months ago #1494 by falagna
Hi all,

I am new here. First of all, I want to say that the pedalSHIELD concept and idea are GREAT! I am planning to get one or two to do some experiments.

Now about my question: I am a professional bass guitar player and computer science engineer (no electronics experience), and I would like to evaluate the possibility of using pedalSHIELD as professional live gear.

As far as I understood by reading the posts in this forum, I would say that the most "professional" option is the pedalSHIELD DUE, as it has better ADCs and DACs. Since I am neither an electronics nor an Arduino expert, I would like to understand:

1. What does it mean that pedalSHIELD DUE provides 2x12bit ADC and DAC conversion? Is it a two-channel (stereo) 12bit? Is it (or can be) combined to achieve 24bit conversion? And would the Arduino be able to handle 24-bit signal processing, in terms of performances, memory, etc...?

2. Standard digital audio quality is CD-quality (16-bit, 44KHz). I understand that quantization is 12-bit, but what about sampling rate? Is a value like 44KHz feasible, or shall I use a lower one?

3. I read a lot of posts about noise problems. Is it possible to reduce the problem (by using some good power supply for example) to a point which is compatible with professional use?

4. What is your personal experience with this pedal? Would you use it as part of a professional gear? Or should it just be considered an experimental tool for home usage?

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #1500 by Ray

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds