First test, and firsts problems

7 años 3 semanas antes #762 por gmarti
Good morning, today I have finally started programming my Pedalshield. I started with the simplest code, BoosterPedal. It seems to work, but the increase is very, very tenuous, and I think something goes wrong because the pedal led does not light on, and when I give the footer switch there is a way in which you hear a lot of garbage noise through the speaker without any play the guitar. Can someone guide me?

Thank you.

P.S. Sorry for my English, is not very good and maybe I have not expressed well in some sentence. :(

Por favor, Identificarse para unirse a la conversación.

7 años 3 semanas antes - 7 años 3 semanas antes #763 por gmarti
Respuesta de gmarti sobre el tema First test, and firsts problems
I've tried the echo effect, and it works !!!

But I still do not see why the led does not turn on, and when the effects are activated the background noise is quite large.

It is clear that something I have done wrong in the assembly of the plate. :(

7 años 3 semanas antes #764 por gmarti
After trying distortion effect this do not work. It's the same sound but with noise but not distortion. :(

I'm sure that need to check the board that i think some signals are not received or sended. :oops: :angry:

The question is what i need to check. :S

7 años 3 semanas antes #766 por Ray
Respuesta de Ray sobre el tema First test, and firsts problems
Hi,

I would try to help you the best I can:

I think something goes wrong because the pedal led does not light on

Are you sure that the led is soldered in the right position? It is a very common mistake the solder it the other way around, Have a look at this pic, the "bigger" metal part inside the LED is the negative pin, make sure it goes to the negative pin. It is pretty small but you can see it:

You can also open the arduino due example codes and just use the blink code to blink the led (pin 13 )

BoosterPedal. It seems to work, but the increase is very, very tenuous,

Make sure that the VR1 potentiometer is at a good level, this potentiometer controls the amplification of the guitar signal going into the Arduino ADC, try playing and moving it until you feel it sounds good.

the background noise is quite large

The noise is probably coming from the poser supply, have a look at this:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/hardware-peda...-arduino-due?lang=en

After trying distortion effect this do not work. It's the same sound but with noise but not distortion

Distortion effect could be tricky, some guitars are tricky, try playing with the variables that set the threshold levels in the code, the sweet spot for a good effect can be quite reduced, I usually need some time adjusting this values for one of my guitars.

Enjoy the debugging! :silly:
Adjuntos:

7 años 3 semanas antes #770 por gmarti
The led is soldered in the correct position. I checked it like 10 times. Although if I had doubts that the welding was wrong, or that there was some cross, but at least I have not seen.

The funny thing is that today, trying different programs, I have put the "reverb", and testing the different controls the LED has been lit. I was surprised that I thought the led was on with the foot switch, but no, the led is on with the switch on the right. So now I do not know what to think.

I leave you a photo.

And on the noise and I was adjusting RV1 and I put it from the minimum value, to the maximum, but you always hear some noise. So far I've left it in the middle position. And the power supply I use (the only one I've tried right now) is the USB programming port powered from my laptop.
Adjuntos:

7 años 3 semanas antes #772 por Ray

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

7 años 3 semanas antes #776 por gmarti

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

7 años 2 semanas antes - 7 años 2 semanas antes #777 por Ray
no problem! glad to see that you have progressed on this.. a lot of things are not obvious. :P

Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.101 segundos