Refactored code and Arduino companion

4 years 6 months ago #1981 by ppi
Dears,

After some experimenting, I found that the best way to use the Pedal-Pi is with an additional controller companion that can select effects and display information.
To achieve this, I am using an Arduino Nano, a small OLED, some buttons and an USB OTG connection to Pedal-Pi.

The companion code can be found at gitlab.com/rueckix/pedalpi-companion.
The (completely refactored) code for Pedal-Pi itself can be found at gitlab.com/rueckix/pedalpi
It features an effect framework that makes it very easy to program new effect classes with very little code an no repetition. The communication protocol between pedal and companion is also described there.

I intend to post a few pictures of my setup and some more details soon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #1982 by ppi

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1983 by ppi
And a picture of the companion prototype. Hope that some of you find this useful.

Attachments:

4 years 6 months ago #1987 by Ray
wow, thats a cool picture :) thanks for sharing it. Thats a very cool idea, is not possible to connect the display directly to the RPI board or did you run out of pins?

4 years 6 months ago #1994 by ppi
Just lack of experience with raspi zero GPIO programming. Trying to use the free pins on the pi is on my list. I simply need 5V, GND, 4 GPIOs. A local (on the pi) control program could then take over what Arduino is doing now. Everything else can stay unchanged as both pedalpi binary and controller can communicate via a pair of serial sockets using socat.

By the way, the latest pedalpi code imports github.com/cycfi/Q, a very powerful library for building effects. Plus, I even managed to build a chromatic tuner with it.
I would love to see a larger pedalpi community creating effects within that framework.

4 years 5 months ago #2000 by Ray
Thanks again for your input in the project, I am sure that people will use it in the future ;)

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds