Pedal is generating noise

4 years 10 months ago #1825 by Ikilledkurt
Hi Guys!

Just assembled the Pedal Pi and started it. Seems like it is generating quite a few noise on most of the effects provided.

Could you give me a clue regarding what may generate this noise and if there's any way to suppress it?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #1826 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Pedal is generating noise
Welcome here! In case you did not check it yet, have a look at this:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/pedal-pi/205-...oot-pedal-pi?lang=en

Also, this could be interesting:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/pedal-pi/227-...-in-pedal-pi?lang=en

In my experience, most of the noise is created due to the wifi being activated or the power supply. Also, make sure that your VR1 potentiometer is in a sensible position.

4 years 10 months ago #1827 by Ikilledkurt
Hey, thank you for an answer!

I may definetely say that i've checked the guide for silly mistakes and do not have a wireless adapter or wifi on the Pi ... :)

On the othey hand, I am powering the pedal from a pc or a laptop, that might be an issue. I will try to use a phone charger to power it up and see if something changes.

I will write results of my investigation here

4 years 9 months ago #1839 by Ikilledkurt
It took a while, but got my hands on proper power supply for a Pi. All noise was eleminated.

Summarized:
1) Problem caused by improper power supply for the Pi, solved with original prower supply.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

4 years 9 months ago #1840 by Ray
Thanks for the feedback!

The pedal-pi is not a hi-fi system but the sound quality should be pretty decent for you to play.
Glad that you fixed it :)

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1989 by sean5447
Replied by sean5447 on topic Pedal is generating noise

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1990 by sean5447
Replied by sean5447 on topic Pedal is generating noise
Before even running the code, there is some minor crackling to be heard with headphones directly plugged in. After shutting down all services this noise goes to nothing.

Then, when the delay (etc) process is running (highest priority) the noise in the background is very similar to a guitar amp.

When I play single strings, it doesn't sound too bad. If I strum the guitar I get a bunch of noise and crackling. The more vigorously plucked, the more noise I get. I've tried playing around with the guitar volume and potentiometer with varying degrees of success.

Is this all expected behavior from this pedal?

@RAY plz HALP!

I will try to post some audio recordings tomorrow so you can hear what I am hearing:

Recordings
www.dropbox.com/sh/lb9ki2wjjxgt47g/AADjC...bRItfxNciXL1p0a?dl=0
Attachments:

4 years 6 months ago #2003 by Ray

When I play single strings, it doesn't sound too bad. If I strum the guitar I get a bunch of noise and crackling. The more vigorously plucked, the more noise I get. I've tried playing around with the guitar volume and potentiometer with varying degrees of success.

When the guitar is strummed, the signal level is much higher than a single note... probably you tried it before, but have a go adjusting the input stage potentiometer: it will reduce the average signal level and reduce that nouse.
This crackling noise could be produced by the audio signal hitting the rails of the ADC.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds