Phaser Pedal?

5 years 1 month ago #1678 by PatRad
Phaser Pedal? was created by PatRad
I was curious -- does anyone have any Pedal Pi code to a phaser pedal (or someting similiar like a flanger, chorus, etc.).

Although I still have a decent amount more of research to do, one thing that's slightly holding me back from getting started is understanding how the input signal/frequency is being measured. Based on print statements I've done, it always seems to be in the range of 1800-2200 or so (with guitar plugged in and strumming/picking...), which obviously isn't the actual frequency of that sample. If anyone could clear this part up, it might be able to get me in the right direction, but if anyone else has anything they'd like to share, that'd be cool too -- thanks!

Pat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #1682 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Phaser Pedal?

Based on print statements I've done, it always seems to be in the range of 1800-2200 or so (with guitar plugged in and strumming/picking...), which obviously isn't the actual frequency of that sample. If anyone could clear this part up, it might be able to get me in the right direction, but if anyone else has anything they'd like to share, that'd be cool too -- thanks!

If you just connect your guitar and use some kind of monitor program to read the ADC you will see a very little variation on the signal (thats why you see the 1800-2200). If you connect an analog potentiometer that can generate a signal from 0 to 3.3V, you will see the full span of the ADC working good. I reckon that the variation of the guitar signal is too fast to be captured by the serial connection....

I was curious -- does anyone have any Pedal Pi code to a phaser pedal (or something similar like a flanger, chorus, etc.).

we do not have any chorus/flanger yet, it shouldn't be difficult to do as we have similar codes in the pedalshield:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/software-peda...chorus-vibrato-pedal
www.electrosmash.com/forum/pedalshield-m...gle-switch-selection

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds