DUE replacements

6 years 9 months ago #896 by mzcking
DUE replacements was created by mzcking
Hi. I just ordered two pedalSHIELD DUE's. It seems like availability is starting to be a problem for the original DUE. Are there any DUE-compatible boards that are proven to work as replacements, and if so, what issues might be encountered (timing, fit, etc.)?

Thanks...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #897 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic DUE replacements
Arduino DUE is currently out of stock in the official Arduino website:
store.arduino.cc/usa/arduino-due

Depending on your location you can get it from these sources:

My advise is that depending on your location have a look to Google Shopping tab (www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=RF5TWcbnJ...arduino+due&tbm=shop) - I am in the UK so that link search is geolocated here - , and if you do not find anything interesting go to Amazon or eBay, they have plenty

6 years 9 months ago #904 by mzcking
Replied by mzcking on topic DUE replacements
Thanks, Ray. I guess I was really asking: has anyone been successful with boards that claim DUE compatibility, and any specific ones that are known to work. For example: www.amazon.com/OSOYOO-Compatible-Shield-...rduino/dp/B010SCWGE2.

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #906 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic DUE replacements
I only used genuine boards, I remember some users having not great experiences using super cheap Chinese clones, sometimes the manufacture quality is not great and the usb connectors fall apart after using them couple of times, etc.

However, arduino is a great open source design and we have plenty of clones or "copies" everywhere, my advise it to try to find a cheap genuine one (maybe in the future you would want to use this DUE in some other project...) but if you dont mind about the risk and the price difference is really attractive, give it a try.

Maybe somebody around has another point of view....

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds