pedalSHIELD on Arduino MEGA

7 years 5 months ago #605 by jimt
Hi! well.. I'm exited by this project... but, i only have an Arduino MEGA, and the money... well, i cant buy an Arduino DUE or UNO right now... is there a chance of modify the DUE PBC and adapt it to MEGA?

I'm sorry for my english, but I'm from Argentina.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #609 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic pedalSHIELD on Arduino MEGA
Hi, I never tried to use pedalSHIELD UNO with a MEGA board, but in theory it should be possible you just need and ADC and PWM outputs, maybe making some mods... but it should be possible.
I have bought right now a MEGA on ebay and I will try to make it happen.

7 years 3 months ago #674 by Ray

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #1203 by alessiow
hey Jr/Ray
I've been reading into this issue for a few days now. there are major pin differences between the uno and mega.. this is what i have found so far:
As you look at the uno with the power plug in the top left corner, the uno pedalshield pins for power and the A0 and A4-5 pins will all transfer over to the mega2560 with no issue. Now on the right side of the board, there are big changes with the pin configuration between the uno and mega.
Basically the PWM pins 9 and 10 are no longer oc1a and oc1b..they are flopped on the mega and now oc2b and oc2a..
finally the dig_2 pin is no longer the INT0 pin. That is now INT4 on the mega. INT0 is down on pin 21 on the mega.
So for a direct plug and play, the UNO pedalshield wont transfer...I found the same thing happened that you did when doing so. I'm thinking about trying to see if I can run jumpers to the original pin calls on the pedalshield to the mega, just to see if the original sketches can be used on the mega...If this cant be done then the coding will have to be re-written to use timer2 possibly. Some sections of the mega datasheets, i just cant seem to wrap my brain around...
I think it would be easier to just write new code to use the same pinout as the uno pedalshields on the mega2560, as I'm sure you wouldn't care to have to make all new pcb just to incorporate the mega 2560 into the lineup.
Slowly day by day I understand more about whats going on and what the datasheets are saying, and comparing how the original uno sketches are written and how to convert.. If i'm right then we need to use timer2 to run uno pedalshield on the mega. Unless there is a way to do pin/port manipulation to get the mega to believe its using a certain pin to play nice with the pedalshield.

6 years 1 week ago #1334 by jimt
Replied by jimt on topic pedalSHIELD on Arduino MEGA
there must be a problem, i have register with this name but i am not he, neither from Argentina, is this account deleted?

6 years 6 days ago #1338 by Ray
Hi jimt, that was a very old message 1.5 years back, maybe the old jimt deleted his account and now you inherit his name.
I hope that everything is all right, I can try to dive into the database and move/delete things but that is my last resort!
.. or maybe you just have an evil twin brother in Argentine, you never know.

5 years 1 month ago #1683 by BaseMell
Hi...Microcontroller control and the integration of digital and analog has moved pedals in fascinating directions of late. Just poke through the catalog of what Chase Bliss, Walrus Audio, Earthquaker, and Sub-Decay (among others) are doing these days. Then you have stuff like what electricdruid and Molten Voltage are doing, which is developing and producing what are effectively drop-in MCU chips (PICs and ATMELs, for the most part) that handle a bunch of duties and provide tap-tempo.

5 years 1 month ago #1684 by Ray

Hi...Microcontroller control and the integration of digital and analog has moved pedals in fascinating directions of late. Just poke through the catalog of what Chase Bliss, Walrus Audio, Earthquaker, and Sub-Decay (among others) are doing these days. Then you have stuff like what electricdruid and Molten Voltage are doing, which is developing and producing what are effectively drop-in MCU chips (PICs and ATMELs, for the most part) that handle a bunch of duties and provide tap-tempo.

We are just trying to add our little push to the guitar pedal community creating open-source projects where people can learn and play with digital guitar pedals. There are plenty of talented people out there... check Dr. Scientist from Canada :)

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds