Use the pedal to analise frequencies

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #546 by RichardJAllen
Ok so i followed this
www.electrosmash.com/forum/software-peda...hat-it-means?lang=en
and i was able to get a graph of me strumming the E cord. It ranged between 2035-2060.
So assuming i can't perform FFT (which was the way i was going plugging the guitar into the computer using the iRig), also based here
www.electrosmash.com/forum/software-peda...-pedalshield?lang=en,
how can i interpret those values?
Experience: map each chord individually and trying to come up with patterns? What happens when i strum two chords? Also how would it work plugged to a synth? Would i watch the "perfect" sines waves being created?
Let me know if any of you have any remarks, i'll keep on posting my findings.

Ps: i'm attaching my first experiment as a doc
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #549 by Ray
Hi, thanks for sharing your findings.
Arduino DUE has some DSP capabilities :to be explored... I remember this post from long time ago:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/software-peda...p-on-the-due?lang=en
seems to be some ways to implement complex filters and some DSP although is maybe a bit off topic....

If you just want to measure frequencies the simplest way to do it is "... applying a big gain to the signal to make it square type and then measuring the time the signal stays high and then change to low." although is not as fun as implementing some new ideas :) sometimes takes a long time to discover a very simple algorithm.

So what is your goal, it is still not clear for me... make a guitar tuner, or try to read guitar signals or other new concept?
Thanks

7 years 7 months ago #550 by RichardJAllen
I think you pointed me in the right direction. I want to analyse all different frequencies of the input, being a guitar, a synth, or all combined in the end of a chain of pedals, loops and stuff. So then i can adjust the frequency range and make lights react to that range.
My goal for 2night:
forum.arduino.cc/index.php?PHPSESSID=t46...mjdc1&topic=140107.0

Make FFT analysis and see what i can come up with.
For reference,

and

7 years 7 months ago #552 by Ray
I checked your instagram videos and they are cool!
There is also this other topic that could be also interesting for you:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/hardware-peda...s-basic-oscilloscope

7 years 7 months ago #553 by RichardJAllen
This is pretty much what i do but using openFrameworks (C++ framework for interactive installations and stuff)
But i want to avoid a computer. Doesn't look nice in a pedalboard :)

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds