reverb question on uno has anyone got one working?

6 years 11 months ago #826 by Kuppet
hi
i was wondering if anyone has the duo reverb working on uno. or any reverb I want to make an octave reverb so was also hoping some could tell me what part of the code in the octaver controls the pitch as I'm not sure which it is.

also is there a single place to find all the user effects people have made, would be useful if their was a board with them on. people could even link to youtube demos of the effects.

dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #828 by Kuppet
after looking i understand that the uno doesn't have the power required to simulate lots of long delays
would it be possible to do and octave delay using the code from both the octaver and the delay to create a an octave delay? ;) :) B) :ampfender: :guitarfende :pedalboss:

6 years 11 months ago #832 by Ray
Hi Dan, yes you are right, the amount of RAM that Arduino UNO has (2KB) is small to be able to do good reverb effects.
I have an old project in mind which is using an Arduino MEGA (8KB) with the same pedalSHIELD UNO but I am still not sure that 8KB is enough to "feel" a good reverb.

There is an octaver code for pedalSHIELD DUE, have a look at it, you may get inspiration from it (it is well explained):
www.electrosmash.com/forum/software-peda...eld/14-octaver-pedal
Most of the UNO effects are ported from the DUE shield, so it should not be very difficult.

There is also a code called "daft punk octaver" have a look at it, although I reckon that it sounds pretty distorted because of the nature of the code.

The last option that nobody tried so far is to octave the guitar signal by inverting the negative cycle of the audio signal, it is called octaving up by rectification, wikipedia mentions it and I am sure that other guitar forums do it too:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octave_effect

6 years 11 months ago #839 by Kuppet
Hi i'll look into that the idea looks good as it should be a good way for tracking frequency i thought of also doubling the sample speed from in to out to add an octave to the frequncies coming in. But i'm a total newb to arduino programing just have ideas on what i want and ruff ideas of how to get there.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds