Troubleshooting 2.0

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #547 by myassignment
Hey,
my co-worker and me got stucked right now on some issues with the shield and maybe someone is able to help us. first: we are no professional electronical guys so if we have some understanding issues please be nice ;)

in short: we build the pedal-shield uno from the kit for a BASS (so changed capacitors), and got a weird "pulsating noise" without input and effects turned on.

what did we tried:
- checked general function input-> output : works clear
- checked control-spots on shield for +5V / Gnd : fine
- unsoldered bass-capacitors and replaced with original ones (for test purpose): same pulsating noise
- LED works, buttons also seems to works (Footswitch and also the 2 small blackones for inc/dec freq.)

i put a audio-file to soundcloud to understand what i mean by "pulsating noise"

we used the code from:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/pedalshield-u...effect-pedal?lang=en
Warning: Spoiler!

thanks for reading and maybe some advice ;)

MyAssignmenthelp.com helps the students to score high by providing quality assignments. Our assignment writing help services in New Zealand have become popular among the students as we offer quality service at affordable rates.
myassignmenthelp.com/nz/essay-help.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #548 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Troubleshooting 2.0
Hi,

... got a weird "pulsating noise" without input and effects turned on.

So, you mean that you dont have any effect working at all? just weird noises all the time?

It is "normal" to have some background noise, the power supply makes a big difference and sometimes if you are powering the shield using the USB power supply, it can be a bit dirty. However, this noise was almost reduced to nothing in pedalSHIELD UNO and you should not get any high level nasty noise.

Did you have a look to this?
www.electrosmash.com/forum/pedalshield-u...alshield-uno?lang=en

7 years 7 months ago #551 by myassignment
Replied by myassignment on topic Troubleshooting 2.0
hey, thanks for the fast response

of course this weird pulsating noise comes just with effects on, sorry when i wrote it maybe a bit confusing.

i tried several power supplies:
- usb-keyboard
- mac/pc via usb
- regular power connector with 9v-block-battery
i also thought about this first after reading a bit in the forum so i taped the power connector to kind of "isolate" the power supply

soundcloud.com/sodylicious/fehler-arduino/s-AxNQT
the above by soundcloud linked audio file shows you what happens when the device is connected and effect on without input. the change in freqs. is done by clicking the small black buttons

i also checked the checklist you send
1) definitly a arduino uno
2) order of connectors correct
3) caps placed correct as far as i can say from the instructions
4) ic placed liked shown in the 5 steps tutorial
5) solder points dont look like mechanical manufactured but should be ok ;)

for the points of troubleshooting:
1) power supply check: tested with multimeter different spots on the pcb also on the ic, looks fine from this part
2) output stage works as described in the troubleshooting
3) the problem seems to be somewhere between input and ic i guess... may be wrong
4) tried with 3 different arduinos (2 are completly new, 1 reused)

thanks for reading and maybe some feedback :)

MyAssignmenthelp.com helps the students to score high by providing quality assignments. Our assignment writing help services in New Zealand have become popular among the students as we offer quality service at affordable rates.
myassignmenthelp.com/nz/essay-help.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

7 years 7 months ago #554 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Troubleshooting 2.0
Hi, have you tried using another effect like Fuzz, Distortion or the Daft Punk Octaver? If you are using the tremolo effect, it can produce by itself this pulsating noise. The tremolo pedal modulates the input signal following a sinusoidal waveform, in the absence of signal it could modulate the background noise...
Keep us updated with your progress!

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds