How to Troubleshoot pedalSHIELD UNO

6 years 9 months ago #903 by Ray

I've problems with tremolo effect. It produces a very loud nois that cover the guitar sound. Do you know why it happens?

Are all the other effects working fine? is it just the tremolo effect the one that is giving you problems?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #905 by jackhansenguitar
i've problems with tremolo and fuzz but with fuzz the problem is different. When i play softly it doesn't sound

6 years 9 months ago #908 by Ray

I've problems with tremolo effect. It produces a very loud noise that cover the guitar sound. Do you know why it happens?

I have replied to this on the tremolo effect topic:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/pedalshield-u...ct-pedal?lang=en#907

6 years 9 months ago #915 by harry0011
Hi, I've got an issue + a few suspicions as to why it might not be working. Sorry if this isn't the right place to post... I'm new to this site (and forums in general!) I'll re-post in the correct location if directed :)

I recently purchased the UNO shield and assembled it today. I'm newish to soldering, but I've had enough practice to make this an easier project in terms of construction. Looks good to my eyes.

I uploaded the code to a knock-off Arduino Mega -- I'm thinking this might be my issue, since my research has revealed there are very slight differences between the UNO and the Mega that might make some shields not work, even if they fit. Code uploaded fine. I tested the "clean" sample, and it seemed like everything was working. Hit the foot switch, LED came on, guitar signal was cut off. Hit it again, LED off, guitar back on. Cool!

I tried the boost code next. Uploaded fine again. Behavior-wise, it seemed to operate the same as the clean code, which seemed strange but I figured it was my ears. Moved on to the distortion code, also behaved like the clean code.

Any ideas what's going on? I haven't looked that deeply into the code yet, but I'm suspecting that there's a PWM/pin difference between the UNO and Mega that's causing no effects to actually take place... :( but then again I'm not entirely sure. This thing's only been in my possession for about 7 hours... :unsure:

I'd appreciate any and all help! Thanks in advance :)

6 years 9 months ago #917 by Deegatron
Hi all,
I'm stuck and need help. I've soldered all the components, attached an Arduino Uno, & plugged the whole thing in. The pedal toggles the LED on & off, and the underlying Arduino is working fine, but no sound passes through the board.
    I have:
  • checked every soldering point about a dozen times
  • made sure that every component is oriented correctly
  • tested each 1/2 inch cord (just to make sure that wasn't the problem)
  • tested that the GND, 2.5V, & 5V test point are correct
But still, no signal passes from the guitar to the amp.
I can't get the sine wave generator to work, so the output stage seems like the problem. But, I've looked it over and can't find any problems with parts, orientation, or joints. I've attached a few pictures. Please help

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #919 by Ray

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #920 by Ray
Hi crieder,

But still, no signal passes from the guitar to the amp.

You mean not signal at all, not even with the effect bypassed?

Did you check this topic?
www.electrosmash.com/forum/pedalshield-u...hoot-pedalshield-uno

6 years 9 months ago #921 by harry0011

Sorry for not explaining all the details, this weekend I will try to get time to do it.
PS: it is not 100% sure that it will work, but feels like it is going that way.

No worries, I put in an Amazon order for an UNO. They're cheap enough, anyway :)

Still am curious to see if I can get it to work with the MEGA, I think that would be a valuable addition to this project. I'll see if I can do any tinkering using your suggestions, and report back if I have any successes!

If I do, I'll start a new thread specifically for playing with MEGA compatibility, so this thread doesn't get swamped :)

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #923 by Ray

If I do, I'll start a new thread specifically for playing with MEGA compatibility, so this thread doesn't get swamped

sure, if you do it we will stick your post to the top together with the other important guidelines.

6 years 9 months ago #926 by Deegatron
Hi Ray,

Yes, no signal at all. I was hoping that there was another option, but I think I may need to desolder the entire board & start again. I can't see a problem with any connection or component, so I'm not sure what else to do.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds