joystick pedal control

6 years 11 months ago #825 by Kuppet
Hi is there a way to add midi expression controls to these arduino pedals im thinking of a pedal using a flight stick ie rotation and side to side up,down movement that would control multiple peramitters in multiple effects so basically gutting a joystic and 3d printing a pedal in place of said stick then using that into posibly multiple arduinos for multiple effects running at once boxing it all up could control wah ,delay ,time ,reverb level in one pedal movment and totally create somthing amazing the posiblities are endless
Any help to get this idea going would be much apreceated. Im a total newb to arduino never programmed but am great at soldering just started to make some analog pedals from tagboardeffects website. This idea was fully formed in a dream i had about a week ago and has been bugging me ever since lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #831 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic joystick pedal control
Hi, it is a cool idea! do you have any flight stick in mind? if you have any example or datasheet it would help....

Some time ago we used a light sensor to control some parameters of the pedal, at that time we used it to make a theremin but the idea could be exported to control other parameters, have a look at it:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/hardware-peda...-due-and-pedalshield

6 years 11 months ago #840 by Kuppet
Replied by Kuppet on topic joystick pedal control
Had one of them on a juno d synth controled cutoff or volume quite useful i was thinking of using joystick hardware over usb but maybe it would be easier to use the multi directional pots to pins on the board. Heres a link to one that looks promising. For either. http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cyborg-F-L-Y-9-Fly-9-Wireless-Flight-Stick-Controller-for-PS3-By-Madcatz-/252893148492?nav=SEARCH

6 years 11 months ago #841 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic joystick pedal control
Ok, I understand what do you mean, I think that I could be used if you can hack the flight stick and be able to have 4 different outputs (up, down, left, right) out of it and use them as they were 4 push buttons.
There are some forums talking about adding a flight stick to Arduino, if you are able to read the stick then adding it to pedalshield is of course possible.
forum.pjrc.com/threads/25358-DIY-Flight-Stick

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds