Footswitch problem

7 years 6 months ago #573 by ulikuvux
Footswitch problem was created by ulikuvux
I built my Pedalshield DUE at the weekend which took a couple of enjoyable hours :). I've plugged it into the Arduino card and as for a start I've run a couple of diagnostic programmes. Firstly the LED Blinker which worked nicely and blinked away merrily. The Serial Monitor Test posted by alanb. This gave me serial port readouts for the three pots (as I varied them from 0 to 4095) and a 0/1 printout when I changed the rightmost toggle switch. So all looked promising so far.

However I didn't see any change when I toggled the footswitch. Is it possible I could have soldered this in incorrectly? It's a 3x3 pin footprint so is it possible to insert it rotated by 90 degrees? I hope not as I think it will be a pain to de-solder and remove :(

Also the Pedalshield has two toggle switches. How could I check the second one (on the left of the board)?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #575 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Footswitch problem
Hi,
Regarding the 3PDT foot-switch is pretty difficult and hard to fit 90 degrees rotated, but guess that it might happen. Have a look at this post:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/pedalshield-u...shooting?lang=en#535
Also the high res images can help you out:
www.flickr.com/photos/electrosmash/sets/72157638250771595

Also the Pedalshield has two toggle switches. How could I check the second one (on the left of the board)?

if you have a multimeter check that the middle pin connects to the top and bottom pin when you toggle it. The action is basically connect to ground or let " float" the joint between R15 and C10.

If you have any other question please let us know.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ulikuvux

7 years 6 months ago #577 by ulikuvux
Replied by ulikuvux on topic Footswitch problem
Thanks for the help Ray, I'll drag out a multimeter and check the 3PDT this evening.

I ran some more diagnostics. I uploaded the SineWaveGenerator by JR and that gave me a nice output (with variable amplitude and frequency adjusted by the pots) so I'm guessing the output side is healthy.

I then tried the CleanPedal , again by JR. This only gave an output with the footswitch in one position which I'm guessing must be the OFF position as I was only hearing the clean guitar output and the pots made no difference. With the footswitch in the other position I get no output.

7 years 6 months ago #580 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Footswitch problem
yes, definitely check that 3PDT.
I guess you know it but there is a troubleshooting guide:
www.electrosmash.com/forum/hardware-peda...-pedalshield?lang=en

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds